The Fortnite Snowball Launcher is a legendary explosive weapon for the holiday event. It’s quite powerful within mid-range distances. The Snowball Launcher in Fortnite is difficult to defend against for a few reasons:
- Splash Damage: Aside from just dealing a lot of damage, the weapon is considered an “explosive”, which means it has a large area of impact. If you are in range, this means it is very difficult to avoid getting taking the hit if someone uses it on you.
- Even if a snowball does not land directly on you, it will still deal damage if you are located within its wide impact area.
- No Ammo: the Snowball launcher does not have ammo, but a simple refresh period of a few seconds before firing another shot. This means it can be used over and over.
- Strength: Because the Snowball Launcher is considered a “Legendary” weapon, it deals a significant amount of damage by design.
- The snowball launcher will destroy structures, making it difficult to continue building up.
- Range: Whereas the rocket launcher is more effective for long-range targets, the snowball launcher lobs the explosives over a mid-range distance, which is a quite common zone of attack during game play.
In the video below, we go through a live-game situation where we were eliminated by an opponent using the Snowball Launcher. We analyze the weapon’s uses and effects, and bring up a few strategic plays to defend against the weapon and avoid dying. either building up heavily or fleeing.
Add me on Fortnite Mobile – gamer tag is EspressoMonkey